Need MBE, F/WBE, DBE or EDGE? We can help you get your business certified.
There are several reasons why you should get your business certified:
- Some entities have purchasing goals. Only certified businesses can participate.
- Certification adds legitimacy to your business. You have gone through a process that has determined that your business is owned and controlled by a minority, woman or disadvantaged business.
- Certification can afford you loan and bonding opportunities. The State of Ohio has loan and bonding programs specifically for certified minority owned businesses.
- Certification can be a marketing tool for your business. You can add your certifications to your marketing materials, business cards, website, etc. Many consumers like during business with veteran, minority or woman owned businesses.
- Certification can be used in the private sector. Many companies don’t have a certifying program but in an effort to have supplier diversity, will accept the certifications from some governmental agencies.
This class will discuss certification programs (MBE, EDGE, WBE, DBE and LEDE), the certification process, and what documents to submit with your application. The class is presented by Ronda Watson Barber, publisher of OhioMBE. Ronda has a wealth of knowledge and experience in guiding small businesses through the certification process.